1. Lomash RM, Sheng N, Li Y, Nicoll RA, Roche KW. (2017) Phosphorylation of the kainate receptor (KAR) auxiliary subunit Neto2 at Serine 409 regulates synaptic targeting of the KAR subunit GluK1. Journal of Biological Chemistry pii: jbc.M117.787903.
2. Sheng N, Shi YS, Nicoll RA. (2017) Amino-terminal domains of kainate receptors determine the differential dependence on Neto auxiliary subunits for trafficking. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 114: 1159-1164.
3. Sheng N, Yang J, Silm K, Edwards RH, Nicoll RA. (2016) A slow excitatory postsynaptic current mediated by a novel metabotropic glutamate receptor in CA1 pyramidal neurons. Neuropharmacology 115: 4-9.
4. Sheng N, Shi YS, Lomash RM, Roche KW, Nicoll RA. (2015) Neto auxiliary proteins control both the trafficking and biophysical properties of the kainate receptor GluK1.eLife 3:e11682.
5. Yue W, Li Y, Zhang T, Jiang M, Qian Y, Zhang M, Sheng N, Feng S, Tang K, Yu X, Shu Y, Yue C, Jing N. (2015) ESC-Derived Basal Forebrain Cholinergic Neurons Ameliorate the Cognitive Symptoms Associated with Alzheimer’s Disease in Mouse Models. Stem Cell Reports 5: 776-90.
6. Zhu Q, Song L, Peng G, Sun N, Chen J, Zhang T, Sheng N, Tang W, Qian C, Qiao Y, Tang K, Han JD, Li J, Jing N. (2014) The transcription factor Pou3f1 promotes neural fate commitment via activation of neural lineage genes and inhibition of external signaling pathways. eLife3:e02224.
7. Fu Y, Tucciarone JM, Espinosa JS, Sheng N, Darcy DP, Nicoll RA, Huang ZJ, Stryker MP. (2014) A cortical circuit for gain control by behavioral state. Cell 156: 1139-1152.
8. Qiao Y, Zhu Y, Sheng N, Chen J, Tao R, Zhu Q, Zhang T, Qian C, Jing N. (2012) AP2γ regulates neural and epidermal development downstream of the BMP pathway at early stages of ectodermal patterning. Cell Research 22: 1546–1561.
9. Xie Z, Sheng N, Jing N. (2012) BMP signaling pathway and spinal cord development. Frontiers in Biology 7: 24-29. (Review)
10. Sheng N, Xie Z, Wang C, Bai G, Zhang K, Zhu Q, Song J, Guillemot F, Chen YG, Lin A, Jing N. (2010) Retinoic acid regulates bone morphogenic protein signal duration by promoting the degradation of phosphorylated Smad1. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 107: 18886-18891.
11. Hu Z, Wang C, Xiao Y, Sheng N, Chen Y, Xu Y, Zhang L, Mo W, Jing N, Hu G. (2009) NDST1-dependent heparan sulfate regulates BMP signaling and internalization in lung development. Journal of Cell Science 122: 1145-1154.
12. Jing N, Sheng N, Xie Z. (2009) The function of BMP signaling pathway during the central nervous system development. Chinese Journal of Cell Biology31: 2-8.
13. Bai G, Sheng N, Xie Z, Bian W, Yokota Y, Benezra R, Kageyama R, Guillemot F, Jing N. (2007) Id sustains Hes1 expression to inhibit precocious neurogenesis by releasing negative autoregulation of Hes1. Developmental Cell13: 283-297.